Monday, August 15, 2011

do you make your own bed at a hotel?

Okay, so the other day - I was moaning and groaning to my Mom that Ro doesn't hold her own bottle 100% of the time. She holds it 25% of the time, which is irritating, because we know she is capable. I'm going on about how at 7 months old, she should try....etc. etc. My husband then chimes in "well why would she? do you make your own bed at a hotel?" I burst out laughing and its true. I'm my children's personal valet. I do everything for them and they know it. I'm 99.9% sure I birthed the laziest babies in America. MV was perfectly happy to let me cart her around until she was 18 months old. Quite frankly, I know she knew how to walk, she simply chose not to. Unbelievable. With a second lazy baby, I'm starting to see a trend and realize that maybe the Mommy is at fault for catering and not the baby. The valet service is apparently in full effect here.

We've all been sick for the last 4 days here. Not just me or the hubs but MV and Ro too. It's awful to be sick when its just yourself, but sick with 2 sick babies and a sick partner is just ridiculous. We're all coughing, sneezing and snotting in everyone else's face. No one is safe here. Everytime I turn around another baby is crying from general crankiness which immediately triggers the other one to chime in. I like to call this competitive crying. Crying for no reason other then to further my brain damage and emotional stress. I think at night they talk to each other and the conversations go something like this:

MV: Did you see her today? She lost it like 120 times?
RO: We almost made her cry at 7 different points - she's so pathetic.
MV: It's too easy. OK I think we should be nice to her tomorrow morning.
RO: Yeah, then we'll gang up on her at bedtime. hahaha - its too easy!
MV: YUP!

(and then they baby high five each other)

Okay, well maybe they don't plot exactly like that, but they definitely know my breaking points! And in the last 4 days, its been at an all time low. That said, surviving all 4 people in this house being sick, definitely is making me a stronger person (because it hasn't killed me yet)!!!

So MV's been on a dancing kick. I think she training in case soul train comes back. Cause she's got the motion in the hips perfect for disco. Meanwhile Ro is crazy in the jumperoo. It's hysterical to see her hair bounce up and down because its so long. Part of me cringes that she will bounce out and hit the ceiling (we have 30 ft ceilings) but girls got some jump!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment