Sunday, July 17, 2011

the difference between Mommy and Daddy

In our house the difference between Mommy and Daddy is drastic. When Mommy talks no one listens, when Mommy yells and acts crazy, we still ignore. When Daddy calls out there names, they stop and cry, horrified by his voice, knowing what they did was unacceptable...yet he just states their names, in a very calm and easy manner. Not like their lunatic mother always yammering on about something, losing her mind randomly throughout the day. Today when my older daughter, MV, was opening the laptop and banging the keys like a lunatic, I simply asked her to stop, she glared at me and continued with more tenacity then before. Almost laughing at my lack of dominance. My husband simply called her name, she backed up and immediately started sobbing??? Of course MV ran to me for consoling, I'm assuming I'm not as scary as my husband. She already knows I hold zero authority, I'm a pushover and at 20 months she gets it. Bedtime tonight consisted of me putting the baby, Ro, down. To which, as per usual, she lost it. Full blown epic meltdown at the prospect of sleeping. Screaming, kicking and wailing, and I did it. I took her out and tried to console her too. MV watched me, she knew, she is a smart little girl. So obviously when I put her to bed a short time later, she flipped out crying and screaming. She knew I would give in, she knows I'm weak to their crying. Cue my Dad's arrival to go and take my husband to pick up my car. MV is once again in control of a 34 year old, and uses her control to take a ride with her grandpa. About 35 minutes later, she is blindly walking (perhaps stumbling at this point is more accurate) through the living room yawning and almost falling over - that when I do it, when I suggest night night. She immediately runs to the front door and tries to escape. Her father calmly picks her up and tells her to kiss me good night and BAM! She goes in her room and quietly falls asleep?!!??! What the heck. I swear if I had put her in there she would have flipped out. Goal for the coming months, to gain authority with 2 babies. I'm not talking about being mean or the disiplinarian, but perhaps securing my position as the Mom. :) Well at least I can thank my "baby whisperer" both MV and Ro are soundly sleeping like the angels I like to think they are.

Ro's teeth still have not cut, which is a devastating blow for me. I'd like to have a sit down with them. Enough already - come out of her gums. I can't take it anymore. You're killing me. Her disastrous behavior from you teeth, quite frankly is inhumane for her and those around her. Mark my words - they will be shark like teeth, I know it. I'm excited to take her for her 6 months check up Thursday too. I'm pretty sure she's a qualifier for the WNBA. She's gotta be in the 175% for height. At 6 months, she's about 4 inches shy in height of MV. She's huge, which is helping her grow into that big ole head :)

No comments:

Post a Comment