Friday, July 15, 2011

differences in the wee ones

I'm starting to notice the drastic difference in my daughters. My older daughter is extremely strong willed and independent, that said, she listens to me and follows directions so well. The peanut goes down for naps happily and rarely cries. My other daughter is the exact opposite, she is a happy little bean except for when it comes to napping or eating. She loses it. It's horrifying how loud and angry she gets. This morning she flew into a full blown rage, screaming at the top of her lungs because it was naptime. I honestly felt like I should bring her to the ER to find out what was wrong with her. (kids don't really scream like that right?) I feel like she acts as though she fell down a flight of stairs and knocked her teeth out, not the response I expect when I put her in the crib. It's absolute madness. Teething is also knocking me for a loop, I didn't know my first child had gotten a tooth until what may have been a few days later. No tears, no screams, just teeth. With #2, the neighbors must know she teething, the people in the next county probably hear her....and still no sign of these horrid, banshee scream inducing teeth. I'm afraid they will be fangs to bite me. I'm starting to panic that she is going to grow shark teeth to teach me a lesson about not spooning her food in fast enough. I'm worried she is going to use these vile painful blazing little teeth to show me exactly whats up. I pray everyday they just come in already so she can stop these insane screaming fits. With my luck these days, it may be weeks. Weeks of her darling little fits that can last up to an hour.

Today I decided we were going to have a family day out. Sounds like a dream, that said...I'm still home and blogging at 12:55. By the time we were getting it together, it was naptime. This happens more frequently then not. I wonder how moms of 2 babies get it together by 9am. Unless we have an urgent doctor appointment or really important thing to do, it doesn't happen here. I try, but its disastrous. I leave without my staples. I'm binky-less, sippycup-less, sunglasses-less, wallet-less - and that generally turns into one of us having said mini-meltdown. More often then not, I'm out the door by 3 or 4pm and we are ready and all set. Maybe its my lack of organization or generally craziness, I'm unsure. Atleast we get out at some point, I suppose I should rejoice in the fact we are showered and ready by 3 rather then not at all. I even managed to put myself and my older daughter in dresses. I feel like if we can leave the house by 2:15 - we should be looking like we're going to a cocktail party not just lunch and some stores. This is a huge feat for us, we should be looking our best. People may stare, but inside I'll know - this is a big day for us. It's 3 and we've been out and about for more then 30 minutes already and we look smashing. We're celebrating!!! (okay maybe its just me celebrating in my own head, but whatever)

1 comment:

  1. "I'm afraid they will be fangs to bite me. I'm starting to panic that she is going to grow shark teeth to teach me a lesson about not spooning her food in fast enough." So funny (though I'm sure it's not that hilarious at the time haha)

    ReplyDelete