Thursday, July 14, 2011

reality as it slowly sets in

Reality is slowly setting in. I'm a Mom of 2 under 2. WTH Seriously it doesn't seem plausible that I have 2 children. It doesn't seem plausible mainly because since my 2nd child was born, I've been in a fog. Not sure if it was baby blues or general exhaustion, but whatever it was, I'm starting to feel more like myself. For awhile I am pretty sure I was operating on autopilot and almost viewing my own life in the 3rd person kind of stance. It sounds strange, but I definitely was strange for a bit. I'm finally starting to take control back and I think its benefiting all of us. I finally feel confident after 6 months to take both of the girls out together. Although one of us could have a minor meltdown at anypoint (myself included) I no longer feel as though ALL of US will most definitely have a full blown epic meltdown on every outing. The girls notice the confidence as well. We happily go out and about now and enjoy each others idiosyncrasies rather then judge them. Today I joyfully encouraged my toddler to sing her winy little whinge pot song because it made her happy and quite frankly my 6 month old seemed to revel in it to. (its more of a shout/cry/horrible moan then a song and I know people were kinda staring but whatever) One lady in Target seemed to be shocked that I was like - I love your song, its beautiful. I felt like telling her to piss off. Honestly lady take a good look at us, I'm letting a toddler remove socks and a bow out of a 6 months old hair, remove her own shoes and socks, my pants are falling off me, I have a baby clip in my hair and I'm covered in what might be the babies lunch.....do you really think I give a whole loada crap that you aren't enjoying my completely off-key toddler's song? I'm just happy I have pants on, my teeth are brushed and no one is full on screaming! Duh. Well today ma'am, I appreciated the simplicity. 3 girls enjoying Target sans any major meltdowns. :)

1 comment: