Wednesday, July 20, 2011

rockstars

We did it! We did it! We got out of the house and into Orlando on time today!!!! And there were no epic failures or major meltdowns!!!! It was fantastic. I feel like a new woman, I can take on the world! And MV has PERFECT hearing!!!! The planets have aligned......All is right in this house. We are rockstars and we will have to celebrate! I'm not sure how just yet, but I'll come up with something!!!!

Ok so this morning Ro got up at 5am to start the day. Needless to say, I was obviously thrilled and jumped out of bed......sense the heavy sarcasm. So like the excellent mother I am, I proceeded to replace the binky 250 times until it was 5:15am, I then brought her into my bed. I snuggled her to sleep until 6 then gave in. In my world, 6am is hours, an eternity, a horse of a different color from 5am. I can cope with 6, although I'm partial to 8. MV sleeps until 8am AT LEAST every morning. She is my sleeper. I didn't realize how lucky I was, I assumed most children sleep 12 hours a night. *NEWSFLASH* they don't. Ro sleeps when she feels like it. There is no routine with her. I try and try and its become a full time job. I'm a wife, mother, stylist and sleep nazi. That said, as my earlier posts note, no one pays me any mind here, so why would Ro. She stares me down, daring me to impose a bedtime. A little voice in her head is like try me Mommy, try me.

Yesterday we went to Walmart and for the first time EVER I left MV out of the cart to roam freely. At first she held my hand, GOD I love her. She was adorable just toddling about the aisles, then she spotted it. She took off in a run. Little chubby running...running....running and it was like the heavens opened and shined a light. OOOOOOOOOOOH......we were in the bakery section and MV was running to the cupcakes. In front of the cupcake display she was clapping and screaming cake. Her excitement was overwhelming. 100s of beautiful little cupcakes staring at us, waiting to be eaten. She immediately started to try to remove all of these beautiful little treats out of the packages. It was adorable and at that precise moment, I knew she was mine, she truly is MY daughter :)

I bought her a cookie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment