Friday, July 22, 2011

in rides the cavalry

So Ro got a shot yesterday, I cried. Although she was like a champ getting the shot, she's such a big girl. She got it at approximately 12 noon and until about 4pm she was a dream. Then a wave of disaster struck. The child lost it. She screamed for about 1 hour and 25 min. I wanted to bring her to a firehouse or hospital, one of those safe havens. I was convinced she was posessed by an evil force. Never in my life has I seen a child scream/cry/head spin with such fervor and for soooooooo long. She is a fussy screamer but for 10-20 min here and there. I honestly thought I was going to lose my mind, I was convinced I was suffering from a nervous breakdown at the 25 min mark. I thought about calling 911 to come get me. When she finally "passed out" I had to sit on the couch and decompress. It was insanity. That said she joyfully woke me this morning at 4:55am and I knew all was right in this world again.

MV has been a focus this week. She passed her hearing test with 100%, what a blessing. Then she was re-evaluated for her development. At 20 months she tested out cognitively as a 17 month old. I cried tears of joy for an hour. At 18 months, she was getting scores equivalent to a 9 month old. I'm overjoyed, she is catching up and doing amazing. MV does things at her own speed, and she's progressing soooooo well. Her developmental therapist told us there is nothing wrong with her and she's just stubborn! Well this morning she said "Dada" and there was a moment in our house which was just AWESOME. J & I looked at each other and welled up. We heard it and she repeated it all morning, so excited that she was calling her Dada by name! It was awesome!!!

Laugh of my day, Ro was screaming her normal "I'm not taking a nap" scream, and J took her inside to put her down for a nap and it was starting to get crazy. I made a bottle and brought it in, Ro is an eater - and eating makes her sleep. Fast forward ten min and J comes out and says - OMG you were like on a white horse with that bottle. it was like the calvary rode in just in the nick of time. He's so cute. I <3 him.

No comments:

Post a Comment